2014/03/06

Winter Skin Saviour



You know when it gets really dry in the winter and your legs start to look a bit scaly, resembling lizard skin? Well, that happens to me. Up until now I've always just sort of put it off with the ever convincing argument that no one will be able to tell if I'm wearing pants anyway, because I just can't be bothered with putting on body moisturizer. Naughty, I know. This winter, I received a sample of the Kiehl's Creme de Corps. I was planning on just using up the sample, but I completely fell in love. The product comes out as a very lightweight cream that has a slight yellow tint to it, and almost has a cooling effect when applied. Because of the colour, I always read the name as "Creme de Corn", like cream of corn soup. (Yes, I know "corn" is not "corn" in French, but you get my point.) Despite all that, this product definitely does not smell like corn (shocking). In fact, it doesn't contain fragrances at all, which is something I really love about it. Body moisturizers are often very heavily loaded with fragrances, and while it might feel great to smell like roses or sensual seduction, it gets a bit annoying when I slather myself all over with moisturizer and it smells like I've knocked over an entire bottle of perfume. This moisturizer is super lightweight, so it absorbs very easily, and doesn't have any unpleasant smells. No bed sheets sticking to my skin as I try to roll around, no irritated nose, no more lizard skin. Yes.

For those who like a thicker moisturizer, there is also a Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter, which sounds delicious. I'm going to stick with the bottle though because I would take the pump bottle over trying to dig product out of a jar any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin